Friday, February 24, 2023

I Love Ya, Tomorrow

I love ya, I love ya, tomorrow, tomorrow. You're only a day away.

Today that has extra meaning for me. Detroit Tigers baseball begins tomorrow with the Grapefruit League opening game against the Phillies. Hope springs eternal. One of these years I'm going to take a week and check out some spring games.

Intellectually, I don't expect much from the club this coming season. The Tigers seemed to have taken a step backwards in 2022, and the April schedule is brutal. We may be out of the pennant race by May 1st. But the future is unwritten despite what our prognosticators, and yours truly, might think. You still gotta play the games. 

So for right this minute, that leaves tomorrow. And I love ya, tomorrow. At least, I love ya from this vantage point. Tomorrow's tomorrow may be a whole new, uh, ball game.

No comments: