Thursday, July 27, 2023

Transported

As  I was driving back from Mississippi last Wednesday I noticed the planes taking off from the Louisville, Kentucky airport as I approached it from northbound Interstate 65. It was overcast, thick clouds hanging in the sky.

What was neat was that as the planes rose into the air and went into the clouds, they appeared to almost shimmer out of existence. A plane would rise, and within about two seconds was simply enveloped into the cover. They did a kind of fade out, not unlike you might see in a Star Trek episode when a person was transported from the ship.

It was eerie at first, and then rather cool to watch. Of course, I couldn't watch too closely, as travelling at 70 MPH on a freeway required a significant amount of attention. But there wasn't too much honking, so I think I was all right.

No comments: