Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Undeserved Favor

Well, I've heard of it happening for years but never thought it would happen to me. Yet life happens to us all, doesn't it? I had the car ahead of me pay for my food at an Arby's drive through.

I'm on a road trip and a bit anxious. I just wanted to get to my hotel. I was admittedly a tad cranky. I even, to my now embarrassment, was antsy about why the car in front of me was taking so long. I saw a hand come out of that vehicle's window with a debit card after having been given food. "Now what?" I moodily thought.

They were paying for my order.

Talk about feeling small if thankful when the young woman at the Arby's window told me what went on as I pulled forward.  I've said a prayer for my patron, several in fact, and have vowed, almost certainly in vain, to be more patient. Still, I'm grateful and properly cowed. There are indeed kind folks in the world.

No comments: