Saturday, September 30, 2023

Chasing Sanborn

I really don't know why, but Chase and Sanborn has become my coffee of choice. Which means of course that it's been getting more difficult to find.

For a couple of years I could rely on Ollie's Discount Stores (Good stuff cheap!) to have it. Perhaps that ought to have served as a warning. Being available in a discount place might have been a bad sign.

Cedarville Foods in Hessel in Michigan's glorious Upper Peninsula stocks it, enough so that in my trips Up North this year I bought ahead. I should be all right through 2024 as of now. But what about after?

Again, however, I don't actually know how or why I latched onto the stuff. I doubt I could pick it successfully in a blind taste test. Did Chase and Sanborn subconsciously become my Hessel coffee due to association? Maybe. Yet I don't recall where I first discovered it. It wasn't necessarily while in da UP ya know.

I'm not anywhere near sure when I began drinking it. And I know in my mind that I'll just drink something else if I never find C & S (what we mavens call it) again. I will in time forget about it. Yet I would be curious to find out exactly why I became stuck on it in the first place.

No comments: