Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Seeing Red

Tonight I'm going to Comerica Park to see the Detroit Tigers play the Cincinnati Reds. I'm excited because I have actual pasteboard tickets for the game. That's because I went to the stadium box office to buy them. 

I ain't paying no two dollar per ticket convenience fee to purchase them on the Internet when I live barely a mile and a half from the ballpark. Does anything say ripoff or money grab better than charging two bucks (per ticket I remind you) for the convenience of doing something in a manner which makes a process easier for all of us? A manner which sends tickets to our phone rather than printing them and/or mailing them? A manner which involves less handling of merchandise, less real human involvement? I doubt it.

So I have my paper tickets, which it surely cost the Tigers more than if I had went the Internet route. I showed them.

Interestingly enough, it's the start of a six game road trip for Cincinnati. Further interestingly enough, I'm going to New York City this weekend to visit my son and daughter-in-law and see the Mets. We have tickets to the Sunday game. And who are they playing? The Reds.

I got Cincy coming and going. Serendipity.




No comments: