Friday, May 1, 2020

Is it just me?

Is it just me, or are TV shows set up so that they all go to commercial at the same time?

I had a bout of insomnia last night. I couldn't get to sleep until about midnight and then I only slept sporadically until, half in disgust, I dressed and left the house at 6:30 for Marty walkies. So I ended up scrolling through a lot of channels for about a twelve hour period overnight.

As I was increasingly restless as time went on - you know how it is when you can't sleep as you toss and turn and the whole thing feeds on itself - I began checking out the ol' telly. Of course being restless I would start channel surfing at commercials. Yet almost invariably no matter what new channel I hit would also be on commercial.

Do you think the television powers that be actually do, actually can, do that? It sure seemed so to me last night.

No comments: