Saturday, May 9, 2020

Live Tiger baseball. Really.

It isn't quite normal, but it feels close to.normal. I'm watching baseball on a Saturday. Sure, it's Korean league baseball. But it's new, it's baseball, and the quality is pretty good.

The stadium is empty of spectators. That's something which feels weird even watching on TV, when the camera offers a wide angle and you see nothing but seats. Yet we saw a lot of that from Comerica Park last season as it was anyway, eh, Tiger fans?

Oh, be quiet. I'm just seeking a bit of levity here, and we should be able to laugh at ourselves, right?

Interestingly, from another Detroit standpoint the teams playing this morning are the Tigers and the Lions. The Tigers vs. the Lions. Even I won't touch that one.

Yes I will. The Tigers over the Lions all day long.

2 comments:

Jean-Michel said...

Almost thirty years ago Marty took me to the Tiger stadium, it was crowded back then and I had one of my best time going there. Watching the exhilaration of the fans at Cecil B Fielder hitting a home run was a great moment. yet 30 years later I still do not quite get the rules right.

There's a football team (here we say American Football) in my hometown now they named themselves "the Cougars" (in English too) but I never felt like betraying the tigers for them.

Go get them Tiger !

Charles Martin Cosgriff said...

Thirty years! Time does fly. that was a great day. Cecil Fielder's son Prince has played for the Tigers since then. Go Tigers!