Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Oh the snow again

I heard that we might get measurable snow this Friday in Detroit. If we do, it will only be the ninth time that's happened here since they began keeping records.

How about that? I don't believe I've ever seen snow around these parts in May. But my brother Patrick assures me that we have had flurries. If he says so, it's true. His memory is good for things like that. And I would almost - almost - like to get a half inch of snow simply for the sake of it.

Speaking of cold, I know it's none of my business yet I can't help being curious, there's a home nearby where they have the air conditioning going virtually year round. It was on this morning as I passed, and I notice the low humming of the window AC unit almost every time I walk by. I suppose some folks just like it cold.

Actually, I remember my buddy in Saskatchewan getting hit with a foot of snow on May 20 a few years back. Oh, it wasn't just him. It was the whole area where he lived.

Go on, you're at least smiling at that. Until next time...








No comments: