Saturday, December 19, 2020

Thurl and George

It's 3:20 on a Saturday morning. I have Christmas tunes on via the Sounds of the Seasons channel on Music Choice. Right now it's playing some pop drivel by the Jonas Brothers. Who are they?

I like this time of day. It's quiet; a good time for reflection. Good thing I'm nowhere near a mirror though. That reflection might not be pleasant.

Hey, wait; they're playing You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch. I gotta listen to it.

Okay, cool. Did you know that song (the Grinch one) is sung by Thurl Ravenscroft? He was also the voice of Tony the Tiger for over 50 years. It's true. It's like how Heat Miser from The Year Without A Santa Claus is also voiced by the narrator from the Underdog cartoons, George S. Irving. I like knowing things like that. It's trivia, but trivia is neat.

Speaking of trivial, I had shrimp ramen yesterday. From Dollar General. For lunch. Just so you know.

All right, back to work on a new book I'm writing. The idea just came to me Monday and I've already written 6500 words. Wish me luck! 

No comments: