Thursday, December 3, 2020

On This Day

As I am wont to do on such occasions as when I have writer's block or am just plain lazy, let me offer you things which you could find out just as easily as I on the Internet, but without driving traffic to Marty. Yes, today we will see what happened on this day in history!

On December 3rd, Sir Thomas Herriot brought the first potatoes into England, from modern day Columbia. The pomme de terre, the Apple of the Earth as the French say, comes from South America.

In 1908 today (huh?) Edward Elgar's First Symphony in A was performed in Manchester, England. I understand it had a good beat and you could dance to it.

On December 3, 1967 the first heart transplant was performed by Dr. Christiaan Barnard in South Africa.

December 3, 1818 saw Illinois become the 21st State. A shout out to the Illinois Cosgriffs!

Ozzy Osbourne is 72 today. I wonder what profound mumbling has to offer...

There you have it, A few items of note today. Use this knowledge wisely.



No comments: