Wednesday, December 2, 2020

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

Okay, now it's December. Now I will talk about Christmas. 

I really don't hate Christmas. I really love it. I have great memories of the Holiday season with a great many people, some are gone and some remain as John Lennon says, but all pleasant. But me being me, I'll start off being funny. Or attempting to be funny as you like it.

My favorite Christmas songs of the novelty genre are:

1. I Really Don't Hate Christmas, by Dr. Heinz Doofensmirtz. You see, he's an evil scientist and like evil scientists he hates everything. But he doesn't 'hate' Christmas so he can't destroy it. Make sense?

2. Christmas at Ground Zero, by Weird Al Yankovic. A truly funny take on traditional Christmas carols and traditional Yuletide themes. I love it! Classic Weird Al. Look up the video, it's a hoot.

3. I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, by Gayla Peevey. Simply a cute, fun song with an infectious beat.

4. You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch, by Dr. Seuss. Come on, you love it. Especially knowing he's good guy at the end.

5. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, by Elmo and Patsy. A must on any Holiday shuffle.

That's it for now, and I'm only just getting started! Merry Christmas everybody!

No comments: