Sunday, December 13, 2020

Little lights

I need batteries. Double A batteries, to power the small artificial Christmas tree in the bedroom window.

I don't know where the other trees are, but one year my oldest son bought several of them and placed them in various spots throughout the house, to aid the sense of Christmas. They're only a foot high with small lights.  But they look cool in the dark when they're the only things lit.

One is still I think (I hope) in a far corner of the basement. Now that one really shone out. I remember going into the basement in the dark, not turning on any lights, groping the wall as I made my way carefully down the stairs, just to see the impact that little tree made in the darkest part of the house.

For me, that's become Christmas. The little light in the dark. So one of my stops today as I take me Mom on a Sunday drive will be to buy double A batteries. It will delightful to wake up tomorrow morning to the light of the small tree in the bedroom window.

No comments: