Tuesday, August 24, 2021

28 minutes

We got back to the D yesterday after a weekend in Hessel, in Michigan's glorious upper Peninsula. It was a small and all too quick family get together. But I imagine all good times are too quick, eh?

Yet it could have been shorter. In this case the early arrivals up North, my eldest son, daughter-in-law, and myself went to the Upper Peninsula State Fair in Escanaba, three hours from Hessel in the western UP. We were on the road there about a half hour after I had gotten in this past Friday.  My daughter-in-law cracked wise to me as we started our journey to the Fair, "I hope you enjoyed your stay in Hessel!" 

Hey, 28 minutes in Hessel beats 28 minutes in a lot of other places, I responded quite truly.

The UP State fair was well worth the brief moments in Hessel. And we managed to stay a couple extra days after anyway.


No comments: