Thursday, March 3, 2022

44 Years

For whatever reason, and who knows why such things suddenly pop into your mind, it hit me that on March 3, 1978, my senior class trip began. We went to Toronto for the weekend, 44 years ago today.

Just another thing to make a guy feel old. But seriously, by what rhyme and reason would I remember something like that straight out of the blue? It's not as though I thought a lot about it over the years. It was a simple class trip. Nothing exciting happened at all. Then here I am sitting in front of my computer today and - bam - "Hey Marty, 44 years ago today was your Senior class trip," says my mind.

I took a minute to dredge up a calendar for March 1978, and March 3 that year being a Friday, it makes sense that this is its anniversary. Upon thought I recall we left on a Friday and it was the first weekend in March. 

If only I could remember where I buried that million dollars in unmarked bills...

No comments: