Sunday, March 13, 2022

Fourteen Nineteen

Everyone has a price. My price to make a 100 mile plus round trip on a Saturday morning is apparently $1419. Yep, One Thousand Four Hundred and Nineteen Dollars. That's a chunk of change, Ron.

I took a call around 5:30 Friday afternoon from a customer, I'll call him Cloyce just to give him a name, who made an offer I had trouble wrapping my head around. He said that if I drove to Temperance, Michigan and I brought him $1419 worth of sewer cables and tools on Saturday morning, he would give me money for them.

I had to shake my head at that to clear the cobwebs. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Cloyce. You're telling me that if I bring you $1419 worth of product,"

"Yes," Cloyce interrupted.

"That you will pay me $1419 for it right there on the spot?" I finished incredulously.

"That's the idea, Marty," he assured me.

A big grin spread across my face. "Let's light this firecracker," I told Cloyce.

So apparently my price to make a two and a half hour drive on a cold Saturday morning is $1419. The sacrifices you make when you worship the almighty dollar.

Editor's Note: This is satire, a prolonged joke. Marty most certainly does not worship the almighty dollar. He does, however, hold it in high regard, to the point of selling things for profit.

No comments: