Tuesday, March 29, 2022

What's so Original About That?

I am not one for noticing things when it comes to what I do not consider particularly important. When it comes to buying basic necessities, price is usually all what matters to me. To be sure, I am leery of costs which are too low. Do not buy razor blades from the neighborhood dollar store, for example. Trust me and my bleeding chin on that one.

Yet when I need something such as laundry detergent, I grab what is cheap. It goes with the clothes I wear. 

Anyway, as I was starting a load of laundry yesterday I noticed that the otherwise nondescript label on the plastic bottle said proudly, in bold letters: ORIGINAL SCENT.

The term meant nothing to me. Hopefully it was something nice, such as fresh baked bread or mountain pine or apple cinnamon. But original scent might been an actual eau-de-toilette for all I could know, especially as scent is just another word for odor. So at that point I had to hold the open container to my nose and smell it.

It smelled just like, exactly just like, liquid laundry soap. 

Nothing all that original, wouldn't you say?


No comments: