Thursday, April 28, 2022

Road Worthy

I have always liked how Canadians, or at least those Canadians in Ontario, often call their roads 'lines'. There's Huron Line, Michigan Line  (an appeal to their nearby friends, maybe?) and my personal favorite, Chalk Line. Yes, it exists.

But the U.S. has its share of interestingly named byways. In southern Indiana yesterday I saw Sample Road. What, if we like the sample we can get an entire road?

Then there was Washboard Road. I had no desire to check it out because, you know, a washboard road is stereotypically so rutted and pitted (like an old fashioned washboard, get it?) that going ten miles per hour rattles your teeth so bad it loosens your fillings. Perhaps it was just truth in advertising though.

Uh, um, that's all I got today. Thanks for reading!

No comments: