Sunday, May 29, 2022

Can I Trust Groucho?

I received an email from, I am not making this up up, the law firm of Wagstaff and Cartmell. It deals with the possibility that William Cosgriff Sales may be entitled to around $275, and perhaps a thousand dollars or more, as part of a class action suit settlement against a company which processes credit and debit cards. I don't know what to think.

In the first place, we haven't used the company since 2013 when Dad passed away and I dissolved his sales business and formed mine. So William Cosgriff Sales hasn't existed since December 31, 2013. Do you think I can I get that money? It's no windfall, and I would give it to me Mom of course since anything from that era, being Dad's entitlement, would now be hers. She would be tickled just to get it, even if she didn't really understand where it came from.

But more than that. Can I trust a law firm named after one of Groucho Marx' most famous characters, Quincy Adams Wagstaff? He was a college professor in the Marx Brothers college romp Horse Feathers. Here's a clip of his famous little ditty: 

Professor Wagstaff Song

What do you think? Should I go for it?

No comments: