Thursday, July 21, 2022

Nearly Angry with Phil

Yesterday me brother Phil wanted to borrow me new old van. I lent it without much thought, seeing as he's loaned me vehicles quite often in the past. And he is me brother after all. But especially as he was taking our mother to lunch well, the thought of her wrath would have enticed me to loan the car regardless.

As I gave him the keys I handed him a well known portrait of Andrew Jackson to exchange for gas. "It's only at 3/8ths of a tank, so put a bit of gas in when you can," I said.

This morning as I started the new old van I noticed the gas gauge creep up to merely half a tank. I was just a tad miffed. "Geez, bro," I thought, "Didn't you put the whole twenty in?"

Of course he did. Marty was thinking about gas at two bucks a gallon, not the current $4.75 or so. Once I remembered current gas pricing I chuckled. 

I'm still going to give him grief though. 


No comments: