Friday, July 1, 2022

Dream Car

Dream home, dream vacation, dream car, dreams. They all have a certain air of unreality. Sometimes they are indeed very unreal.

I dreamt the other night that a salesman was offering me a new car. I remember nothing about it except it was metallic blue and kind of small, for $35. He insisted it had only six actual miles. 

Six actual miles? Even dreaming Marty knew that was absurd. Any vehicle would get more than six miles on it driving it off the assembly line and being loaded onto a car hauler. 

Still, such low mileage merited serious consideration. I made a counter offer of thirty-two bucks, and not merely because that's all I had on me. You simply never pay list on a new car, right?

The salesman made a counter counter offer of $33.50, presumably to meet me half way. Yet I woke up before the next step of the negotiations. I never even got a test drive.


No comments: