Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Whither Ginger Ale

I was in a restaurant and bar with the Ohio Cosgriffs in Sault Ste. Marie Michigan on Monday. They did not have ginger ale in the bar, although the Ohio Cosgriffs themselves did considerately bring some up north with them. But I don't understand why so many pub and grubs don't offer it.

That wasn't the first time that's happened to me. I have taken to ginger ale in recent years and had always thought it a staple among soft drinks. Perhaps you will not find it in every single eatery, true, but the number which do not have it surprises me. Even more surprising are the establishments with full bars which don't carry it. Isn't ginger ale a common mixer? Wouldn't you expect that in bars?

Monday, I drank Coke instead and was happy enough to have it with my dinner. Still, I just don't get why ginger ale has become so hard to find. C'est la vie (such is life) I suppose, but I might have to try my hand at C'est la guerre (such is war) if it doesn't start turning up.

No comments: