Saturday, July 9, 2022

How Hard Can It Be?

The voicemail I leave on my phone is very specific: leave a message or I won't call you back. I get far too much spam to return unsolicited calls from numbers I don't know. Granted, that concern is alleviated somewhat via caller ID. Still, spam calls get through, and waste my time as well as anger me.

How hard is it to leave a message anyway? Has it occurred to you that perhaps in leaving a message it might allow me to better answer your questions before I get back to you? It generally does, you know. If I have an idea of what you need I can call back with options readily available. Or do you believe that Marty will be so curious as to who is trying to reach him that he'll return your call because he simply must know who you are and what you want?

You are far too confident in my opinion of you if you feel that way. Leave. A. Message. I will get back to you. Otherwise, No. I. Won't.

No comments: