Thursday, July 28, 2022

Canada Geese are Arrogant

Twice this week I've been stopped while driving by Canada Geese. They just march into the road like they own it and all us drivers wait, uh, patiently. 

This past Sunday me Mom and I were caught by a traffic signal on Ford Road in Canton, Michigan. Three geese, biding their time at the corner, began sauntering across the highway. Never mind the heavy Sunday afternoon traffic which had to sit as the light cycled through a couple of times. The birds had the green light at the start and were taking it. Mom did get a kick out of seeing them though.

Early yesterday as I made my way along Rotunda Drive in Dearborn I came into stalled cars. As I was at the start of a long, leftward curve I could see the reason: about six cars in front of me a line of geese were crossing the road. Maybe they were trying to figure out why the chicken did it. Any way you slice it, they were as bad as Detroiters crossing the street. My street! Not yours! They even stared at drivers as Detroiters would: yeah, I'm crossing? What'cha gonna do?

You gonna wait. But that don't mean you gotta like it.

No comments: