Wednesday, September 6, 2023

West Virginia Cans

As I finished my can of Vernors yesterday I noticed for about the umpteenth time in my life an outline of the state of West Virginia on top of it. The symbol was next to the pull tab and after the litany of how many states have deposit laws along with what the deposit is in each. I've seen this for years and always wondered what it meant.

Fear not, dear readers, as I shall not leave you hanging as I have figuratively swayed in the breeze for decades. There's a very simple explanation: it shows that the manufacturer of the beverage has paid the tax on soda pop levied by that state.

It's true! It must be, for I found it on the Internet here: West Virginia Tax 

Until next time in the search for knowledge you didn't know you needed, farewell!


No comments: