Friday, January 26, 2024

D for the Show

There was this kid when I was in high school - I'll call him Cloyce just to give him a name - who wasn't a bad guy at all that I could tell. Not the best student, maybe, but not terrible. Yet for whatever reason this one nun seemed to have it in for him. I really have no idea why, except that Cloyce could be a little too much of a joker sometimes.

One day in passing back exams, Sister With An Attitude Towards Cloyce was reading our grades out loud as she handed the papers to us. She was also opining as she went along. "Marty Cosgriff, an A plus, your usual outstanding work. Ron Boehmer a C, you need to try harder, Mr. Boehmer. Cloyce, 68 percent which is a D!" SWAATC finished with such emphasis that it startled all of us, especially as she downright slapped Cloyce's exam onto his desk.

It's probably not as funny as I think it is, but I will always hear 'Which is a D!' whenever I think of Cloyce.

No comments: