Thursday, January 18, 2024

Air Tight Argument

I had a flat in Indianapolis yesterday. C'est la vie. Life can be worse. After a bit of hassle I was safely home by around 6.

After attaching the spare I happened to spot a Discount Tire within two blocks. Might as well give them a shot at repairing the old tire, which appeared undamaged other than a very obvious nail. I suspect that may have been the culprit.

A fellow came out to inspect it. "I can't fix that. It's too flat to take air." he claimed.

What? A tire too flat to take air? But aren't all tires too flat to take air at some point then? When you put a new tire on the rim, it's flat. Completely flat. Yet they can put air in it.

Am I missing something?

I drove off, and found a mom and pop tire place which repaired the old tire. And having committed it to memory, I won't ever patronize that other place.

No comments: