Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Hail to the Victors

The University of Michigan has won the NCAA football National Championship. Hail to the Victors. I barely watched the game. Oh, I caught a few minutes at the curling club after our league game last night, but that was about it.

On the way home I went through Wendy's for something eat, and watched a couple of Hogan's Heroes reruns as I downed the bacon cheeseburger. Then I went to sleep. I found out the result when I woke up at three this morning to, well, what do you think a 63 year old man would wake up at 3 AM to do?  On my return I saw by  channel surfing the still on TV that the Wolverines had won. 

I like such results. I was happy they won and not merely relieved that it was over as I would have been had I invested in the game. I feel better about the result without the emotional investment. And I knew they would win anyway.

I likely won't watch the Detroit Lions playoff game this Sunday night for much the same reason. You know how a lot of guys feel that their watching a game affects the outcome? If they miss it their team will lose? I might be the anti whatever that guy is. You're welcome.

No comments: