Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Life Lessons

I got a head start at work this morning, leaving the house just before 6:30. My first stop was to buy some nuts, bolts, and washers from a nearby nut and bolt place, American Integrated Supply LLC. They used to be called Perry Bolt. I liked them better then. Perry Bolt is easier to say.

Anyway, I told the counter guy what I wanted and he turned to get the parts. I ended my request with, "Please. Because you should always say please." Counter Man gave the right light snicker which any old man should merit.

As he returned I told him, "You know, teaching my kids to say please was the hardest thing to teach them. The second was that please didn't mean they'd get it."

"Pleeeeease?" they would beg.

"No."

"But I said please!" they would protest.

Show of hands: how many parents heard that in their lives?

FYI American Integrated Supply are good people. 

No comments: