Sunday, January 26, 2020

Death Rat

The book I am currently reading is a work of nonfiction called Death Rat. It's a comedy.

I really like it. It's by Mike Nelson of Mystery Science Theater 3000 fame, if that helps. I don't want to say too much in case you should want to read it yourself, but here's one spoiler. As a history wonk I found it quite humorous.

He makes a joke of sorts about the Webster-Ashburton Treaty and I laughed out loud at it. Now I'm sure many of you, okay, perhaps one or two of you, are now frantically doing a web search on the Webster-Ashburton Treaty. You'll end up concerned that Marty might find anything funny about an obscure international agreement which may have staved off a major war between Great Britain and these United States. And you might be right. But I thought it was well played.

Or maybe I just need to get out more often.

No comments: