Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Master of fake chips

I have never thought of myself as a 'gamer' as the kids say, but I play my share of video games. Sure they're the slow ones: video poker, a dice game called Farkle, a bit of solitaire. But hey, they're video style so they count as video games, right?

Now at the risk of bragging I've gotten pretty good at them. I'm a 'pro' at solitaire (on several different versions of the game), I have more than 14 and a half million chips earned in Farkle, and my stack in video poker is over 1.3 billion (yes, billion) chips. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Yes, they're worth nothing. They aren't real money; they do not spend anywhere except online. They are completely and entirely fake, indeed worthless. But you know what? I can live with that. I am the king of artificial wins, the master of the fake chips.

It is a title I revel in.

No comments: