Sunday, January 12, 2020

Telemarketers aren't the only ones

You think the only irritating phone calls are telemarketers? Well, they are not.

I have people who are worse. I know folks who refuse to leave a voicemail but will instead try to call me four and five times in a row. I don't know if they're panicking, rude or what. But it's downright maddening.

I'm sorry to have to inform you of this, but I ain't at your beck and, ahem, call. I might have a torch in my hand working on a repair. I may be on another call. I may be doing a product demo. There are myriad and very good reasons why I may not answer.  Leave a voicemail and I will get back to you promptly. Or at least give me a decent interval, let's say 15 or 20 minutes if you're really stuck, before attempting to re-call. Hanging up and redialing will not help your cause, I guarantee you.

Rant over.

No comments: