Friday, January 24, 2020

The highest point in Ohio

As I approached Bellfontaine, Ohio yesterday I, for whatever reason, studied the Welcome to Bellefontaine sign with interest. Why? I don't know. It's not like I haven'd been through the town dozens of times, maybe hundreds, as it's right on the way to Electric Eel (Electric Eel: for all your drain cleaning needs). So I've driven through it a lot. I even know some of it's history.

Bellefontaine has the shortest street in America, McKinley Street, which is only twenty feet long. It also has first stretch of concrete street in America. It was put in in 1891. Me Pops was always enamored of that fact, mentioning it quite often over the years. But something caught my eye yesterday: Bellefontaine is the highest point in Ohio. And I thought to myself, I wonder if weed is legal there?

I know, I know. You deserve better than that. Sorry.

No comments: