Monday, August 24, 2020

Acting out vicariously

Facebook certainly can keep us in the loops of many people and many things. It tells me this morning that eleven years ago today I was standing on my front lawn talking to the actor Terrance Howard.

A film was made in Detroit in August and September 2009 and some exteriors were shot in my neighborhood. They even used my next door neighbor's house for some interior scenes. 

It was pretty cool. The crew asked if they could set up equipment on our lawn and we told them yes. Next thing I knew, I was standing out there watching them watch over monitors the actors acting in the house next door. It was definitely odd hearing the acting going on as I watched it from out of sight.

Immediately after that they reviewed the scene. That's when Terrance Howard came out to watch it too. I stood next to him as he explained why he did this or that or why the lighting was such and such. I have no idea anymore exactly what he said. I was too much into, "I'm standing in my own front yard and Terrance Howard is telling me about acting!"

A very neat memory. And I wouldn't have even realized it was 11 years ago today without Facebook.



No comments: