Sunday, September 6, 2020

Would you believe it's been off 50 years?

Some things never get old.

I've been watching a Get Smart marathon this weekend. It really was a pretty funny show. Yeah, much of the humor is goofball. But goofball done well is still good.

And the catchphrases. "Would you believe?" " I can't believe I fell for (the old gun in the stuffed bunny trick) or some such." Followed by, 'that's the second time this week'.  Or, "It'll never work," Maxwell Smart would opine, dismissing an evil plan. When threatened by the assailant he would then then finish, "But it's certainly worth a try."

Then there's evil KAOS against Smart's agency, CONTROL. Kaos vs. Control. I love it.

And I laugh every time at the closing credits. How stupid is it that Max walks right into the closing door and pinches his nose? But I laugh every time.

It's said you can't beat the classics. Get Smart is classic.

No comments: