Sunday, November 28, 2021

Darkness Descends

I woke up this morning with every intention of seizing the day for all it was worth. Anticipating that, I grabbed a favored hoodie and pulled it over my head.

Suddenly it was dark, very dark. I know it was early morning, ahead of the sunrise, but I never expected the darkness to take over so suddenly and completely. The feeling was so overwhelming that I thought something horrible yet astoundingly fast had come over me. Had I left the earthly realm of my bedroom for something else, some new adventure?

Of course, there was a simpler explanation. I had thrown the hoodie on backwards and was then temporarily out of sorts, the deep darkness not affording my eyes any reference points so that they might make sense of the world. I was sure I had checked that I was putting it on correctly too. 

No comments: