Thursday, November 18, 2021

Starved by Loyalty

As a bit of a follow up to Yesterday's blog where I spoke of people trying to pull the wool over our eyes, there's another category of customer who makes me equally incredulous. That's the one who brings me 'all his business'.

It's gone on for as long as I can remember, and is as inane as the fella who 'always' comes to us first. Just don't even go there. It's not gonna convince anyone.

Last Friday a man came in and bought a couple cutters. I appreciate that, as I do all sales. But he had to take the time to tell me that "I bring you all my business. I been doing it for 40 years."

Other than knowing his name was Kevin (because he told me) I have no idea who he was. Neither did me brother Phil. And he clearly knew who and where we were, as he found us without a phone call. But Kevin and his daddy and granddaddy before him brought us all their business, we were assured. I even asked the names of those immediate ancestors, and though I played nice and pretended to recognize them, I did not.

I'd starve with that kind of loyalty, I tell you what.

No comments: