Monday, December 19, 2022

Christmas Fears and Frets

Don't you get sick of it? I know I do. Wars and rumors of wars, albeit nothing that serious in this case. Thanks for the hyperbole yourself, Martin.

I'm reading and hearing warnings of a terrible storm out there somewhere which may be possibly brewing and might ravage the Christmas season, at least in the environs (Detroit, Michigan, for me) which are all around the nation but particularly the mid and northwest. And we may have blizzards, and we may not. The truth? They (they famous they) don't know yet. But will that keep them from fanning the flames of doom?

Nope. Christmas travel could be dicey this year. My family are all already exchanging what are we going to do texts.

I'll tell you what we're going to do: if things aren't that bad, a wild guess he says sarcastically, we stick to the plan and everyone travels safely. If not, we abandon the plan and simply accept that Christmas won't be the same this year.

I don't know what else to do, and there's really no sense fretting it. 

No comments: