Friday, December 16, 2022

Don't Start Believing (With Apologies to Journey)

"Hey Marty! Guess what?"

No, no, no. Not playing that game.

"The Lions have won five of their last six!"

Not listening...

"There's only two teams above them in the playoff race!"

I can't hear you.

"They have the easiest schedule left of the teams in the hunt for the last spot in the NFC!"

Na-na-na-na, is someone talking?

"They're playing meaningful games in December!"

It just doesn't matter.

"Oh, come on, don't be a stick in the mud! Jump up on the bandwagon with us!"

Nope. Not gonna do it. I might, only might, take my fingers out of my ears when they win a second playoff game in my lifetime. Or if they continue to play well in 2023 with the tougher schedule they'll, I suppose earn. Until then, keep your football, Lucy Van Pelt. You're not playing me for a sucker. Again.


No comments: