Thursday, May 16, 2024

Good Eats

As I was coming in from western Michigan on a sales trip yesterday, I found I had time to stop for a late lunch at one of the places me Pops liked. It's the 115 Truck Stop, located at Exit 115 on Interstate 94 about 100 miles west of Detroit. Where did they get the name from?

Anyway, I had chicken fried steak and boy howdy, was that some good eatin'. The steak was covered in sausage gravy and the hash browns were crispy and buttery and the scrambled eggs just right. It even came with pancakes, fluffy, light pancakes on which I poured too much syrup. But hell, my doctor was nowhere to been seen.

I've stopped there before when time and circumstances allowed and I surely will again. If it weren't so far away I'd be out there once a week just for that chicken fried steak. Even at that, a 200 mile round trip ain't so bad for good eats, is it?

No comments: