Thursday, August 8, 2024

Love Hate Relationship

I love, and by that I mean I hate, when customers try to assure me that a repair they want done will be easy. I'm sure I've been crabby about that before, among other things. In fact, I'm rather crabby now.

I'll say it again, I'll shout it from the rooftops, I will put it in as plain a language as I can: until I know exactly what is causing the trouble, and until I determine how to fix the problem, and until the necessary repair is complete and a unit is operating properly, no job is easy. It's easy when it's done, in which case rightly speaking it was easy. Easy only applies in the past tense. Easy never applies to the future tense, nor will it fit in the present tense. End. Of. Report.

The next time a caller assures me that his job will be easy, I'm just going to give him the parts and say, have at it. I might even shove them into his ears through the phone. 

No comments: