Wednesday, August 28, 2024

The Voice

Oh, I've made my share of mistakes in life. Some of them were real doozies, too. And a great big Quiet Ron! before I go a step further.

Still, for all my errors and foibles I've tried not to commit stupid mistakes. Those are mistakes that are very, very avoidable. They're Eleventh Commandment mistakes.

You never heard of the 11th Commandment? Ahem: Thou Shalt Not Press Thy Luck. It's a footnote to the famous Ten which precede it. Honest.

Should you presseth thy luck you could be in all manner of trouble. So don't do it. One way to press it is to not gas up when you should.

I had a quick jaunt out to Dearborn yesterday. It was at most a 12 or 15 mile round trip. Yet I was at 1/8 of a tank of gas. I figured I could get to my destination and back to the old barn. 

Then I heard that voice in my head (sometimes it's all right to listen to that voice) what if there's a traffic jam? That's not much gas if you're sitting on I-94 for 90 minutes.

I gassed up before leaving the neighborhood. No stupid mistake for me. At least not yesterday.

No comments: