Saturday, August 17, 2024

Tastes Great

Many of us, I believe anyway, have our moments when anger, disbelief, anxiety or other movement of the emotions hit us in such a way that we can't quite think straight. As a result, we may use language poorly, employing improper terms or the like.

Me son Charlie and I were in the Cedarville Dollar General Thursday evening when I was looking over the display of Old Spice deodorants. As I've decried before in these very spaces, I like regular, plain old Old Spice, not wolfbane and savage beast or whatever other varieties Old Spice offers these days. And as is typical there were none of the traditional aroma which I wanted. "I want plain Old Spice, not any of these weird flavors!" I said out loud in the store.

Turning to my son, who clearly heard my lament, he explained with a grin, "You just said flavors of Old Spice, Dad."

"Well, the original style tastes best." I harumphed indignantly. At that point, why not go ahead and run with it?

No comments: