Monday, February 8, 2021

Marty the consumer

I love Rural King stores; I believe I've established that. As a matter of fact, I shopped at the one in Michigan yesterday.

I was wearing an obviously knock off Carhartt coat, a brown coat garnished with the Rural King logo so it counts as designer, as Mom and I went into the store. Lo and behold, the exact same coats were on sale for $20 from the $30 I had spent on the one I wore back when I purchased it in November. So I thought I'd buy one. And then I thought, hell, I'll buy two. That way I won't need another coat for twelve or fifteen years. Further, by using my Rural King Harvest Visa card I got an additional 5% off, not only the coats but my entire purchase.

So as not to make it totally about yours truly, and as I was low on Keurig coffee, I bought an 80 pack of coffee pods for another twenty bucks. The brew was Founding Fathers brand coffee, which promised that half of their profits go to aid military families. Cool; that made the decision on which coffee to buy rather easy.

So I suppose my point is that even old Marty can be bitten by the consumerist bug. But I did also do a small part to help military families. I just hope I don't sound too much like a commercial for Rural King. 

But I do plan and stopping at the ones in Newark and Marion Ohio as I spend next weekend in that fair state. 

No comments: