Thursday, February 18, 2021

Rush

There are things about him I do not understand. Four marriages. Smoking cigars. A little bombastic. Still, he was Rush. Is Rush.

As stupid as it sounds, I can understand conservatives who are not fully conservative in their everyday lives. I understand the struggle to be human. We all, every one of us, fail. We do not, I dare say we cannot, live perfectly. We are weak.

Rush Limbaugh was weak. I think he would, in his quieter moments, admit it. He failed to live up to his creed. He was human.

Still, he preached the sermon. He talked the talk. He acknowledged that right was right no matter what folks think. He acknowledged that truth is beyond us. He acknowledged that truth is. 

In a world which greatly desires that truth is whatever a person wants it to be, he spoke Truth. Despite himself. He spoke truth knowing he failed the standard. He spoke for what is right.

I admire him for that. Godspeed, Mr. Limbaugh. Godspeed.

No comments: