Sunday, February 28, 2021

Not just for chips

Yesterday for the first time ever, I walked in February.

Well, all right, I have walked in February before. Routinely in fact. But it was stuff such as walking to the kitchen for chips. 

Yesterday I walked in February for exercise for the first time ever. February mostly is too cold, icy and snowy to allow walking, at least at the faster cadence of a walk which I employ when exercising. When I walk I hoof it: meandering isn't enough when you're on a mission. You've got to move, buster.

Winter had been mild enough that I had been walking until around the third week of January, which is unusual in itself. But as it's 36 right now, with a real feel of 36 (imagine that: 36 degrees when it is actually 36 degrees) and the sidewalks cleared of the recent snows, I'll be out walking again in about an hour. Then it's off to my Sunday adventures with Mom. Who knows what treasures await us at the Ollie's Bargain Outlet in Monroe? 

So I will be walking. In February. Twice. And not just for chips, although it is far too early in the day to rule that out.

 


No comments: