Friday, February 26, 2021

The weather curmudgeon

Perhaps I am making too much of this. But perhaps just the same it's part of the reason I have trouble believing the weather forecasters. 

As I was doing a typical old guy thing and checking the weather report early this morning, something I do virtually every day almost immediately upon waking, I saw that the temperature was 21 degrees Fahrenheit. Yet something called the 'real feel' of the temperature is 26.

Pray, doesn't that mean that it's 26 outside?

Honestly, how else are we supposed to take it? They're saying that it's 21 but it feels like it's 26. Then it's 26, not 21. 

If it feels 26 outside why don't we say that it's 26 outside? I mean that's five flippin' degrees difference. Am I missing something or just being cranky today?

No comments: