Friday, March 31, 2023

Not Just For Pizza Anymore

Ah, pepperoni. Who doesn't love you? Along with bacon, you go with anything.

Everyone is familiar with the classic cheese and pepperoni pizza. But I keep pepperoni around for my sandwiches. A few on a simple ham and cheese or even a plain old bologna sandwich give lunch a neat little kick. And now that I'm exclusively using whole wheat bread, it's healthy too.

Whenever I'm in Hessel in Michigan's glorious Upper Peninsula, I like to eat at an Italian restaurant called Ang-Gio's in nearby Cedarville. They have among other menu offerings one great cheese and pepperoni pizza themselves. But I love their all you can eat soup and salad bar, because it has more than vegetables. Along with black olives, and it's hard to go wrong with black olives, friends, their salad bar always has pepperoni, with which you can pile onto, er, top off your salad. Plus it's salad, so it's healthy, right?

Bacon? Absolutely. Give some thought to pepperoni too. 

No comments: