Saturday, March 18, 2023

Subtle God

A Subtle Armageddon is a well-written and highly imaginative page-turner that provides readers with an interesting and insightful examination of a dystopian future. The book's main character, despite his emotions being neutralized, learns from the natural world around him the real meaning of existence. The book is tense and emotional, thought-provoking, and has well-developed characters that readers will enjoy. It is also a spiritual and optimistic book that offers unexpected twists and learning moments.

Above is another review of my first book, A Subtle Armageddon. I've mentioned before that I worry the book is obscure, that the point may be difficult to grasp. Indeed, I have had at least two reviews from readers who, in their own words, gave up on the book because, again by their own admittance, they couldn't figure it out.

Then I read commentaries like this one and feel, hope, anyway, that just maybe I've gotten the point across well.

God is everywhere. We cannot hide from Him. He is woven all through nature; this should not surprise as nature is His creation after all. But one of the ideas I was trying to put forth in ASA is that no matter what humanity tries, they can't replace Him. We cannot hide Him; we cannot obscure Him, we cannot relegate Him to past history, as me Grandpa Joe might say. Try as we might, He will be there. Right in front of us.

That's the essential point of A Subtle Armageddon.


No comments: