Thursday, March 9, 2023

Cheers For Baseball

While watching Chinese Taipei, Taiwan, playing in the World Baseball Classic, I think it would be difficult to overestimate the locals' excitement about their team and the game. Taiwan is a host country (take that, Xi!) and the stadium was sold out for the game against Panama.

The Chinese have cheerleaders, complete with music and chants. I had first seen this watching games in the Korean professional league during the Scamdemic. It adds to the experience of baseball in a great, positive manner, driving the crowd in support of their squad. I find myself getting into the thrill of the game that much more.

Taiwan may have the coolest uniform symbol adorning their caps and uniforms too. Let's see if this works: Taipei baseball cap I like the C gripping a baseball. It's a cool twist.

They apparently have one of the best teams in the world. Should I hope that they rise to play mainland China later in the tournament? I know who I'd root for.

No comments: