Tuesday, March 7, 2023

The Odds Are Against Me

I like The Twilight Zone, and noticed a few minutes ago on the scroll of TV listings an upcoming episode. It turned out to be one I had seen recently, the one where Roddy McDowell plays an astronaut who becomes the Earth specimen in a Martian zoo. It's not bad but I had just seen it, relatively speaking.

Next I saw that King of the Hill was coming up. Yet that too was one I have seen not once, but twice in the last little while.

Similar things happened with the next several programs I stumbled upon; Alfred Hitchcock was benignly staring at me exactly as he had just this past January. How could that be?

All right, I could pull up Netflix or what have you and actually pick something new, or at least old enough that I haven't watched it recently. Yet that begs the question of how readily all those coincidences had happened.

Hey! Would you believe I haven't seen this episode of Get Smart in ages? I am saved the mathematical gymnastics. 


No comments: